What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Monday, March 31, 2014

Papers, Please 5: A Good Ending



So I finished! I didn't get the ending I wanted, but I did get a good one, ending 18 instead of 19. Ah well, that's fine.

Actually I could have done this without the FAQ. The comic character really does give you an enormous clue about how to get that ending, or a similar one. And I managed to get myself killed on the first try, but I figured out how to survive the second time.

These characters are mostly randomly generated, so the game stays fresh. No doubt there can be many replays. There also is an "endless" mode, if you can get to ending 20. You get a code for the endless mode.

However, I think this is enough! Really, it is an amazingly good and rather complex game, done from such a simple premise. I can see why it's won all the awards. 

I love the irony at the end. All along we've been saying "Glory to to Arstotka" to Arstotkans if we allow them to enter. But I escaped with my family to Obristan. Here is that final screen:


Ha ha.

Fun game, if challenging. Took me to the last day to finally figure out how to hang things on my wall. Had to figure out what WAS the wall. Not obvious.

My ending stats:



I will now go on to the Carol Reed game. Then back to Baldur's Gate, I guess.

Fun times!





No comments:

Post a Comment