What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Barrow Hill The Dark Path 16: Ready to Get Witchy


Ha, ha ha ha HA!

OK. I absolutely needed the walkthrough. First, I needed to find the last sim card. Probably I could have done that but it would have taken me hours and hours. Situations like that are what WTs are for. Frustration actually is good in adventures because when you solve the thing it feels great, but too much frustration spoils the game.

Also, once I found the sim card I never would have realized that you have to manipulate the things that result. And after that, the final manipulation makes absolutely no sense at all. None. So I went to the WT for that, after trying to make the things make sense. They do not. (I mean, who would put what turns out to be the first one first? Makes no sense.) So without the WT I would again have experienced hours of frustration. As it was I only experienced about one hour of frustration.

However, once that is accomplished the game finally progresses, and it progresses very nicely indeed.

Yes, we do get to go to Emma's trailer in the swamp, but you'll have to find out how to do that on your own.

However, I think I'm really ready for another major advance in the game. I have found the last personal item for the wishing stones, I'm absolutely sure. I'm also pretty confident that I have placed all the symbols and items on the correct stones. Of course, I haven't yet found the torn-off bottom of the page that tells you how to reverse a wish. Bet I will though!

I have found the tin and the gold items. Already had the iron, copper and lead. That means that I'm ready to place these items where they ought to be. Without question, that will produce a result.

However, I'm pretty sure that I'm not at the endgame, because I don't yet have the grave goods items that I'm sure will have to be placed somewhere, nor have I found the place to put them. Also, I haven't found any fruit packets (waitaminute--I think I might know where to look for those). Matt didn't put that stuff in the game for nothing.

So no doubt there's more to do. But having at last broken through, I'm feeling pretty good about getting on with the game. Going to the WT was worth it.

Whew!




No comments:

Post a Comment