What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Barrow Hill The Dark Path 17: What Now?




Made quite a bit of progress! Yes, I was able to figure out the pentagram and place the metal objects. It isn't completely straightforward. Good puzzle, actually!

So! I have found Baibin, or what's left of her, and she needs some grave goods that the archeologist took from her or she's going to stay angry. I figured out two of the wishing stones. I have freed Ollie and Ben, but Mia is still possessed and I haven't yet solved the last wishing stone.

As to those grave goods, I have two of them. Still missing a cup with those fruit juices and an earthen bowl with some kind of bird offering. The Druid pool is no longer open for fishing. BHR is off the air (although other stations are available). I've looked all over the farm house and the cairn and Emma's trailer and can't find what I need.

I think I'll acquire them the same way I got the first two objects, and at that point I will be at the endgame. So I have to solve that last wishing stone.

I suspect that I ought to be able to get to the ruined church out in the swamp, because it was specifically mentioned somewhere and is on the phone map, but I can't find a route to it. I really tried to find another route in the swamp, and there isn't one.

Well, I made quite a bit of progress tonight, and it was all my own work. Did not go to the WT. Those things are traps—once you justify using one you're likely to keep going back. I do not want to go back to the WT.

Insights: I think freeing Mia will be the last game event—it will probably happen when I get the grave goods properly placed. Placing those, at least, seems straightforward. I placed the two I have just to test it out and it was a cinch. 

It could also be that I have the wrong wooden effigy on that wishing stone, but I don't know where I might find the correct one.  I suppose I could just make them all and see if one works. That seems a better plan than tediously hunting all over the woods. Obviously there is no fourth ID card. I have the ID card I need, but the stone won't take it. Yet the personal item I have for that wishing stone doesn't belong to the proper person. It's Mia's wish, not Emma's.

Then, there are all those strange images I got in the magic hole when I was playing around with it. Have no idea what to do with them, though. Haven't run into anything resembling them anywhere else. Perhaps I will, later.

Clearly, solving that last wishing stone is the next major thing to do, and I'm betting that solution will lead to the last two grave goods that I need, which will free Mia.

So I'm close, but at the moment I am well and truly lost. Again. Gonna let things steep in my tiny brain overnight, and see if insight will bloom.


No comments:

Post a Comment