What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Monday, January 23, 2017

Barrow Hill The Dark Path 18: Solved!!


And I did it! Game solved!

OK, I did have to go to the WT for just one teensy item that I had missed. I was right about the one of my major guesses--and realized that when the game allowed me to do something I thought might be necessary. What I really missed was the ID, which is not the same as an ID card. But as soon as I saw that on the WT, I knew I could finish the game, and I did!

Of course, it wasn't completely straightforward. I did indeed find the last two items that I needed. I prepared the fruit drink brew, but didn't realize I also had to prepare the other item, so that cost me another trip back to the place where you do that.

But once that was done it was a cinch.

Very nice indeed!

I object to the sim card puzzle, but only to that. It was not a fair puzzle because the solution simply made no sense. The other puzzles, however, were fair. I missed two items. Eventually I might have found the last sim card, but that last ID item I would not have found without the WT. So it was well worth it to consult the thing, drat it.

I will write a nice review tomorrow. Maybe Matt can use it! (Maybe someday he will explain to me his thinking on the sim card puzzle! I did, after all, send him a video of me and ostriches.)

Lots of fun! Frustration, but that's part of it all.

Well that was highly worth the time! I only wish I could have done an uninterrupted playthrough, but Life did not allow it. Now that I'm no longer doing book reviews that eat all of my time, I shouldn't have that problem any more.

Thanks for following! Comments?

Next Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment