What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Friday, September 9, 2011

Avadon 8: Boss Slaughtering


Even though I was rudely interrupted by the Great San Diego Blackout (which apparently, blacked out most of south Southern California and Baja), I managed to get a bad boss.


(I'm proud though. During the blackout, I cooked dinner for Dad over the gas fireplace, because we have an electric stove. Lightly sauteed salmon in butter. Also boiled up some peas. Worked great! One of the best dinners we've had in awhile, actually. Also shoved the milk into the freezer and saved that.)


First, I did try the game on "hard." Went upstairs in the library to dispatch some nasty skeletons and got slaughtered. OK. Turned it back down to "normal," which made a huge difference. I bagged the skeletons, and set off to the new area.


Traveled all over the castle, stole stuff, got the major quest set up, and off I went into the Beraza Woods. First, though, there are some nifty minor quests to complete. One of those turned out to be quite the quest!


In an abandoned farmhouse, we fight some rats. Easy peasy. Then, we go down. There we fight more rats. Then we go down again. More rats. Down again.


Once we get to the bottom layer we find the evil spirit that's infesting the area, and she is tricky. She got me twice before I wised up to her.


Problem is, she teleports anybody who directly attacks her far away down a twisty corridor and surrounds him with more ghosts to battle. I realized that I could get her with razordisks, fireballs, and a lovely wolf my sorceress conjured up. Wasn't easy, and I used up lotsa stuff to get her, but finally she expired. Whew!


And that was on normal. So I take it back about the game being too easy.


One thing I really like, and I've mentioned it before, is that your team members occasionally comment and we get lots of their personalities and backstories. This time I luckily decided to take my sorceress and my other shadowwalker. The sorceress is Kelendrian, and the shadowwalker is from an enemy land. He was quite nervous about being in this place.


Also, my shaman has disappeared, but I'm betting I'll meet up with her sometime soon. It'll be fun to see how many levels she's gained. Maybe I can up her dexterity so she won't miss so often.


Well, gotta publish this before the power gives up again!


Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment