What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Avadon 10: Got 'Em!



Ok, the second time through wasn't that tough, and I even forgot to use my nifty assault crystal. Kept my sorceress back a bit so she could flee out of the entrance, just flinging spells from afar and she was mostly fine. She did get drawn into the room more than I would have liked, and got confused once when the pylons went off, but most of the time she fended even that off. Frankly, the confusion spell isn't much. Only lasts one turn.


There are some unfinished missions in that area as well, so it means we'll be going back there. 


Interesting that Jeff isn't using even close to the whole map. I'm now at level 20, which means that I'm more than halfway through the game. I've been to Kva twice already, with obviously at least one more mission there. I'm just being sent back to Kelvaria. I guess that Jeff just didn't have time to fill out the whole map with this from-the-ground-up new game. It's supposed to be the first of a trilogy. Apparently he'll be building on the thing with the next two games.


(I've read on the Spiderweb Forum that we max out at level 30 in this game, which is low. I've also read some complaints about that, saying that you hit level 30 quite a while before the end of the game, so maybe I'm only halfway finished. We'll see.)


I was able to grab another drake skin, and took that to the leatherworker in the Beraza Pits area. She made me a seriously nifty tunic. Found another skin later, went back and got the one I'd stored in my cabinet earlier and got another tunic for my second shadowwalker. Would love to get the leggings too, but we'll have to see just how many drake skins are in the game.


Wow, that cheat that adds sparkles to the hidden switches is wonderful. There is no way I would have found several switches without it. I would have been wandering around in the Beraza Pits forever without that cheat.


So I went back and found Jenell, my shaman. She had accumulated eight lovely points, and I shoved about half of them into dexterity for her. Now she's far more useful. She still misses, but not nearly as often, and she has a really nice ranged spell, earthquake, that takes a whole lot out of a lot of enemies. We had a battle against another shaman that wasn't too tough, but still was fun. Got some decent loot out of it.


So, now I'm back at the castle, ready for my next mission. I think I'll take my tank (blademaster) this time. He has some truly great bashing skills, and his missile attack is good too. I'm also building up to some decent skills with my main character.


Had to take a few days off for some rush Kirkus stuff (a rush book didn't arrive on time because of bad weather back east), but that's done. I do have to grind out a few more just to keep ahead of the game, and I have to start painting (finally!) my front room, so it may be a few days before I do much more with the game.


However, ya never know! Avadon calls!


Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment