What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Friday, January 20, 2012

Avadon 18: More than Finishing


So I let the Duke go, went back to Avadon and finished the game. Actually the endgame is much, much easier than that fight with the Duke. I'll try it again, but first . . .


Because I was gone for so long I'd forgotten about a few things I still needed to do. Plus, at the endgame I was still missing one scarab, goodies handed out that you can attach to your characters giving them certain abilities. Neat idea, and they're interchangeable between characters.


However, I remembered that I had not slain a dragon, and I had left a demon stuck between worlds. I still want to slay the dragon, which ain't gonna be easy, and dispatch the demon, who as I recall is rather a pleasant conversationalist. Plus, although I had killed a mage as a quest, I hadn't been able to find the guy who gave me the quest, so I had not collected my reward, aside from looting the mage's tower.


The fact that I had not done those things showed up in the engame narrative.


Well, I finally realized where the mage-quest guy was, found him and got that final scarab! Hooray!


So now I'm going back to slay the dragon, then dispatch the demon. After that I'll have to do the whole Castle Vebeaux quest again, and this time kill the Duke, as I'm sure I can do. Hopefully I'll be able to loot the dragon's hoard, which should give me lots of money to buy more potions and scrolls. I know what's coming, so I'll need more.


Therefore, the fight continues!


Next Post

No comments:

Post a Comment