What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Haunting at Cliffhouse 2: In the Shadows



A new day, and finally triggered the nighttime. I wasn't as close as I thought. Found a buncha new puzzles and a room I hadn't been to: the attic. Once I figured out how to grab that last item for my scavenger hunt (and where it most likely would be), I found several more puzzles. Mostly these were "assemble the picture" types, and a few were fairly challenging. However, once completed, there was a bit more figuring to do and some bumbling around. (Hint, you need to look at the pond more than once.)

One odd thing happened. I went to one of the bathroom scenes, where you can turn on the faucet of both the tub and the sink. I clicked on some "essential oils" and the voiceover said "I can use these." But after that, the hotspot died and I had not picked up anything. A glitch? Something planned and later cut? Or a clue for later? We'll see.

There was a slider puzzle that you can skip by pressing the tab key. I did. Often I don't mind sliders, but somehow this one frustrated me early. Nice to know about that tab key.

I had quite a bit of trouble figuring out how the totem pole puzzle in the attic worked despite the instructions given, but once I tumbled to it, I only needed some patience to get it solved. I'm still not sure what I was supposed to do with the music box "puzzle." I hit the tab key and the thing opened with a nice clue and a lovely tune.

I have also picked up a few clues that clearly are meant for later in the game. Numbers and letters shine on windows, and we find instructions for what's obviously going to be a logic puzzle. Oh goody. I like logic puzzles. I took notes.

So my stuckness merely required wandering around to see what I'd missed. Patience, grasshopper.

And the garden looks really nice:

Cliffhouse Garden scene


I will pause here for awhile. I have achieved the nighttime, and have just stepped outside my room to chase a ghost that's whispering my name (we are "Sarah" in this game).

Time to eat, do some actual gardening and more de-dusting in my own house. Then I will give myself the reward of perhaps finishing the game!

Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment