What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Haunting at Cliffhouse 3: Endgame



Finished! The above picture is a reference to the fairy who will guide you through the maze if you need help or despise mazes. (I used her advice to get out once I'd solved the logic puzzle.)

So I indeed was close to the endgame, although there still remained a few puzzles to solve. Now I recognize what the clue on the windows referred to. When I found that puzzle, it just didn't click with me, darn it. Had I not known about the tab-key escape, I probably eventually would have figured it out on my own.

The chapel puzzle is easy peasy, but has nice atmosphere. Lots of work on the art for just that little scene!


The Chapel at night


I did have a short stuckness with the lotus candle puzzle. You need seven candles. You'll find five easily, but have to turn just the correct way to get the last two. 


The Lotus Candle Puzzle. Pretty!

Once that's done, you've got two more puzzles to solve--another picture assembly, but done in an unique way, and that nice little logic puzzle.

I do like logic puzzles. This one wasn't terribly devious, and you can refer to the clues onscreen, but I was happy I'd copied them down.

The endgame wasn't at all what I was expecting. We get a suspenseful video and a nice resolution.

So that was fun! Very glad I played this!

Next Entry


No comments:

Post a Comment