What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Dracula Origins 3: Chasing the Evil


And there is plenty of studying to do in the game! Now that I'm in Egypt, naturally I'm encountering hieroglyphics, all of which must be deciphered. My only really impossible puzzle was deciphering the hieroglyphics. It shouldn't have been impossible, but they gave you about three obscure clues to a couple of dozen hieroglyphics, turning the puzzle in to trial and error. I finally went to the WT. I'd had enough. That's what WTs are for.

However, another trial and error puzzle was plenty of fun. This one involved moving dots around a screen in order to open the door to the thief's house. At first I couldn't figure out how to do anything at all (you click on the arrows, not the dots). It wasn't entirely straightforward, but it was eminently doable and I had fun with it.

The rest of it is just inventory stuff, for example, finding out what's made Mustapha's camels sick. Mustapha is a neat character who provides quite a bit of humor (not what you'd expect in a Dracula game).

Can you save Mustapha's sick camels?

All the rest of the stuff I haven't really found to be terribly difficult. There are a few more scavenger hunts once we get through that locked door to the thief's house. There is danger! Van Helsing gets trapped in the evil temple. He isn't all that worried about it though, and it was only about midway through the game (as I figured), so I just picked up the items available, combined stuff in the inventory, came up with the solution(s) and got out!

I did have one anxious moment in opening the door to the inner sanctum of the evil temple. The game gives you five of the six things you need to open the door. I was pretty darned sure which item was number six, but I couldn't get it to work. Had to go to Google for that, because neither WT I found gave the solution (you have to go through a two-step process on the inventory screen to make the item fit--then the game will give you the item).

Now I'm in the inner sanctum of the evil tomb!

Careful. Stuff in here is baaaaad!

I have all the items I need. I know that because this game doesn't let you proceed until you have everything. I've been picking up little pyramids.  I have gold dust and weights and a scale. I have already got the evil blood from under the evil altar. 

But I appear to be facing a math puzzle. I am not good a math. I will tackle that tomorrow.

Till then!


No comments:

Post a Comment