What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Friday, October 3, 2014

East Side Story 2: Braining is Hard


Shoot! This is a complicated game! The difficulty is finding all the nodes, and we have to do quite a lot of that in the dark, using only a little circle of light, once we've finally acquired a light source which takes several steps. (I mean, can't Carol just have flashlights on hand in her apartment???) 

I think the most frustrating part, so far, is wandering around in a dark dark dark tunnel trying to find inventory items. I wandered around in it for a goodly piece of time and found nothing, nichts, nada, zero, before finally turning to the WT and noting the stuff I was supposed to find and a general guide to where it all was. So I've got all that now.

I have progressed to wandering through yet another derelict building (where does he FIND these places?? Is half of Sweden falling apart??). I am still in need of various items. I believe I will tackle that tomorrow.

But there were some nice puzzles and Jonas turned up, looking even better than the town, as usual. He wants Carol to join him for a few weeks at his vacation home. Hmmm. (Moral code or not this is Sweden, after all.)

Jonas. Some of the better eye candy in the game.

Also, our game designer himself, Hitchcock like, has shown up. He likes to play the more strange character types:

Say no, Carol!

So, though I've made real progress, that was due to my consultation of the walkthrough. As this is a replay just for this blog, I'm being completely shameless about it.

These games got easier later on. Here, if you don't find every possible node and click on it, then sweep the screen for hot spots, you aren't going to finish. Inventory puzzles or not, the difficulty level surpasses Jane Jensen. Plus, some of the puzzles are quite devious (hint: Mikael likes to do color-coded puzzles, and he likes to use numbers on the colors. Sometimes it means you need to click certain buttons numerous times. He's used that trick at least twice that I can remember.) Figuring out a translation puzzle, although it looks straightforward, isn't. 

And of course, we have the nice scenery, along with the derelict, run-down buildings.

Pretty

Not pretty

Nevertheless, despite my frustration tonight, I'm still enjoying it. I am glad, however, that Mikael made the games just a bit easier. I think this one might be the most complex of all of them.

So that's enough for tonight! See you all tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment