What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Avadon the Warborn 10: Dealing with Dragons and Such


I am advancing in the game! Redbeard has moved to yet another location (this is his third) and I had to wait until I got there to place my new scarabs and get rid of a bunch of loot that I had collected while on my own in the Black Fortress.

I now am able to take three scarabs and am at level 18. So, about halfway through the game. The limit is level 30, but you are supposed to reach that a bit before the ending. I'm acquiring some decent gear, and my characters are stronger.

However, not strong enough to defeat the demons that surround the dragon's horde, which I have a quest to merely gaze upon and report its size. Plus, the dragon has a library that is just a bit too well defended.

I'm perhaps falling into a rut in choosing my characters. I really really like one of my shaman's spells: he creates a square on the ground that regenerates my characters, including my tinkermage pylons, as long as we are standing on it. It's a really good blessing. However, I'm pretty close to getting both of my tinkermages to have healing pylons (it takes six points to reach and you have to get the two preceeding pylons up to level six in order to increase that one). One I get at least on of those I should be able to leave the shaman behind for a bit and take some of my other characters.

This dragon is allied with Avadon and is quite friendly, despite the demons in the dungeon. As always with Spiderweb games, the graphics leave a bit to be desired:

Dragon is in the middle. See my little characters in front of him?

However, the dialogue is fine. He is most dragon-like and appears to like conversing with humans, rather like poor old Motrax in Avernum (I do miss Motrax!).

I spent most of my time in this area talking with all of my team, every one of whom has a little side quest to complete. Their personalities are nicely varied. Frankly though, I thought all the conversations went on a bit too long. I also enhanced a lot of new gear that I'd picked up. I'm starting to sell some of the previous enhanced gear that don't need anymore.

We had a few little quests around this area, dealing with Titans and Wretches. Plus, Redbeard has another major quest that I haven't started yet. Right now I'm trying to clear up the side quests, thus building my strength up so that when I tackle the major quest I'll be better off.

So the game remains fun and is advancing nicely. I've had a few fights I'll have to re-do, but I think I'm pretty close to ready for them.

Onward! To more side quests!


No comments:

Post a Comment