What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Avadon the Warborn 8: Going In!


Progress! In the last two days I have completed what I believe is the first half of the game. I did all the stuff with the ghost of Miranda, and have gone back to the Black Fortress--Avadon itself!

The reason I'm pretty sure I'm halfway through it is that the screen said "Interlude." That's what lengthy movies used to do. You have an interlude between acts.

Of course, it could mean this is only the end of the first act, and there are at least two more, perhaps four more, to come. Well that would be great!

I didn't have to go back to the forum this time. Actually the Miranda episode was relatively simple. You just watch the show, as it were, and have a few moderately good fights. Never felt threatened at any point.

This game is forcing us to make some choices. Are we with Redbeard or against him? So far I'm managed to remain fairly noncommitted, although so far Redbeard likes me.

Anyway, I'm back in Avadon now, landing at first in the deepest dungeons. I really like it that Jeff has used nearly the exactly same locations--really hasn't changed the backgrounds of the dungeons.

So far I'm still there. I have a quest from Redbeard to get a prisoner out. Haven't yet found the prisoner, but I saved and quit for the night as I was about to talk to the guy in charge of the dungeons--same one as in the first two games. Good!

So, tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment