What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Avadon the Warborn 9: Going Out!


So I have completed all the stuff in the original home, in the Black Fortress of Avadon itself! Even though I'm officially working for Redbeard, who is now the rival to Acting Keeper Protus, everybody welcomed me, and I told everybody the truth.

Well, maybe that'll get me in trouble with Redbeard, but how's he gonna know?

The challenge here was that there were quite a few fights that you have to do on your own. You don't get any helpers. Fortunately, because I'm a tinkermage (really the strongest character in the game) I can construct towers that shoot ice and bolts and suppression to the enemies. Much of the time the enemies focus their attacks on the towers and not on me, which is how I managed to win.

What's nice in this section of the game is that you really do get to go all over the Black Fortress, which hasn't changed much from the previous games and so is nicely nostalgic, and collect all kinds of loot.

My only real difficulty is that I've run out of space in my inventory. I've just put a bunch of stuff into the junk bag, and I'm going to have to clear it out before I sell anything. Bought and earned and found a few more scarabs. But there's some good stuff in that junk bag!

Well, I managed to do all of Redbeard's tasks and pick up some nice quests from folks I met in the Black Fortress. I've also agreed to try to grab some of Redbeard's hair, even though folks tell me that it's only weak magic that uses hair. Uh huh. Bet it isn't.

So I had a nice time in the old fortress, stole every thing I could, did all the quests, and now I'm through the portal and ready to start Chapter 3.

Sure hope there are at least five chapters. I figure I'm really about halfway through, judging by my character's levels. Apparently level 30 is again the cap, although you're supposed to reach it much later in the game this time.

So! Next time, I start Chapter 3!


No comments:

Post a Comment