What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Friday, August 24, 2018

Shivers 2a: Back in the Game!


So I'm back in the game, wandering around, catching ixupis (well, one anyway) and solving puzzles (or not).

I got into the theater without taking notes. I just referenced the Egyptian Hieroglyphics book for each one of the door puzzles, pretty easy stuff. Although I know there's a pot behind the theatre curtain, so far I haven't found it. I went up to the tower and got a clue to the drums puzzle in the voodoo room, set the jukebox to the tune it has to play for the music box puzzle, both of which I'll find later. There are advantages to being so familiar with the game, but I still have to solve the puzzles from scratch.

I made my way up into Windlenot's bedroom too, and got the clues to the clock tower puzzle, which has always given me fits. 


Nice bedroom, actually, if you can avoid the ixupi

I have caught my first ixupi, the ashes one, which is always the first. Had to make my way down into the burial room to get to the ceremonial ashes, because although the ashes ixupi normally is in the office fireplace, this time it wasn't. Caught it on the second try (the ixupis don't like to go back into their jars.)



The ashes, and the caught ixupi on my tray.


To get there, I had to solve one of the more fun, and easy, door puzzles. I've always liked this one:


Rotate the tiles and balls will fall down.

Then I got ambitious. One of my favorite puzzles is on the third floor. I made my way up when I found an elevator. Now, you can avoid most of these elevators, because you have to solve puzzles every time you use one. I kinda like these puzzles, however!


Make a diagonal. Not as easy as it looks.

This puzzle is a sort of alchemical thingy, where you have to match the colored lines. You start with the center tile, and there are three that would fit, but only one works. I got lucky and picked the right one, and the puzzle was a lead-pipe cinch. However, be sure you've got the right center tile, or you'll be at this all night. I left the talisman there, making sure that I took a note of the location.


My favorite puzzle!


Make sure you start with the right tile! (this one's random)

Right now I'm carrying around the "cloth" jar. So far none of the talismen I've found fits it. The cloth ixupi usually is in the ceremonial burial room along with the ashes, and also the infamous Chinese checkers puzzle, which I haven't tackled yet. 



This one can be tough.


I attempted this picture puzzle, but it defeated me this time. Will try again. I've solved it before; I can do it again.

So, didn't play long, but got back into the game! Tomorrow I'll have more time. Fun!

Next Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment