What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Saturday, August 11, 2018

The Longest Journey 12: Played a lot! Finally Posting!


Got a tremendous amount done in the game several days ago, but due to Life I have not had time to write it up. Fortunately I had already downloaded some game shots from the YouTube video so I can remember what I did!

First, we get to solve a decent puzzle that will give us the deep backstory of the merpeople that April met after her shipwreck. 


Nice, involving puzzle. Yes, you can figure it out.

Once we know where to go, we go. At last April finds the very much inhabited island she's been looking for. There she will learn stories, all right, but what those particular stories have to do with her quest is anybody's guess.


A not-deserted Isle


How will you get across the chasm?



The great imagination continues! Stick men!


A city of stories

All of this leads April to a crucial bit of information, and an inventory item, from a dragon.


Fear not. April is completely safe!

We'll find out why April has nothing to fear from dragons very soon. She'll also have a brief pause with the elderly lady who introduced to game. Who is this woman? I think she's April herself, but I really can't remember.


More information from shadowy sources


A brief respite with a mysterious lady


And I continued to charge through the chapters! Finally, April returns to Stark, where she will mingle with the upper classes.



Yet another milestone

And the facilities on Stark get a lot cleaner.


April gets some new clothes!


In the lobby

Elderly gamers like me will remember Paul Lynde (a popular comedian in the 60s and 70s with a very distinctive way of speaking. There is no doubt that the voice of the concierge is an imitation of him. Nobody else ever talked like that.

After that we have some action! April confronts the game's major villain! Suspense! And information about Carlos.



A Room with a View

 April resorts to subterfuge to continue her quest. She'll sign up to go somewhere, but I doubt she'll actually go there.


Get your reservation!

 And that brought me to Chapter 12, where I will continue!

Next Entry.




No comments:

Post a Comment