What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Shivers 4a: Let the Hunt Begin!

I figured out my problem! It wasn't the game. It was me. I had misidentified my jar. It wasn't the wax jar, it was the wood jar.

So the wax ixupi stole it and bit me, just as it should have done. Fortunately I had saved the game, so I didn't lose the jar. Once I figured out what my problem was, I didn't have much trouble catching the wood ixupi.


This is wood, not wax


Yeah, he should be scared!!

After some wandering I also got the water jar complete, turned on the fountain in the lobby and, after leaving and re-entering the room a few times, caught the water ixupi!


Got him!!

Also, I got my life essence restored. It was the water ixupi who bit me on the underground lake at the beginning of the game (that's a scripted event and cannot be avoided). But when you capture the ixupi who stole some of your life essence, you get it back.

Next was Sand. I have a list of where I kept the lids, and I was able to match that one up to the jar. Aha! Sand actually is one of the easiest to get, because he's either in the Amazing Plants room or in the Mysteries of the Deep room, which are right next door to each other. So I got him too!


Caught him here. Nice room! 

And there's a screenshot of the Mysteries of the Deep room. Really, this game still looks good, although the ixupis themselves are far too cartoonish. It's the sounds that they make that are scary!

So the game is working exactly as it should. It's not on any kind of advanced difficulty. It's my brain that wasn't working properly.

Tomorrow I'll venture into the punishments room on the third floor. I hate that place, but it has several necessary items and I don't think I'll be able to do much more until I get 'em!

Next Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment