What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, August 19, 2018

The Longest Journey 13: Finished!


Finally took some time off to finish the game! 

The game does live up to its name: it is long. It has long dialogue, it has a long script, and it takes a long time to play. But it's fun, so that's a good thing. They certainly did create a whole world (actually, several). 

So, we get to the space station. Here, it's only a matter of clicking on areas to see where we can go. There turns out to be only one place. Not too difficult to get into the innards of the space station. Not too difficult to distract the guard. The only real problem is figuring out how to send guards off duty in various places, but it's fairly easy to figure out.


The space station. Where to go?


Aha! Go here if you can!


After that we're treated to a really extensive and pretty cutscene, as we hurtle through space into a wormhole. We come out in the magical world that controls the "Balance." Next step, getting in. Hint: look in the inventory, and use what's there. 


And go flying!


Careful. Fairly large wormhole there!

Which brings us to the final chapter that will resolve all issues.


At last!


And we will emerge into the world of the balance, a blue place.



The world of the Balance


Final destination. But how to get across?


 Until we reach the final chamber, where all will be resolved.



The Chamber of the Balance!


Once we're into the chamber, there's really only one more thing to do, and that's easy if you just try stuff in the inventory. And then, we get the ending. Yeah, we find out if the old lady is April or not--I'm not gonna tell! There is a nice little surprise, and a hint at the sequel. I have the sequel and I've never played it, so although that won't be my next game, it will come fairly soon. 




Looking back


Our final close-up of April, as she looks back


The Storyteller's house. Is this April? Or not?


But this was really enjoyable. I didn't remember much of it at all--it was like a new game to me except for a few small parts. So, very much worth playing, and I recommend it to all adventure lovers! 

This one really is an essential. 

Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment