What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Friday, November 10, 2017

Gabriel Knight 1-5: 200 Points!


I have achieved 200 points out of 362. No doubt I've missed a bunch, but I'm over halfway there.

My, but the plot does indeed thicken. I found Day 5 to be quite challenging. Went to the WT once, but actually it didn't help me. The in-game hint system is better, I think! The WT gave me the solution to a puzzle, but I couldn't make that solution work so I wound up solving the puzzle myself. Glad of that!


This one's a bit complicated!


Anyway, I have managed to get Mosely to re-open the Voodoo Murders case, which he had closed. I have found a way to translate the Voodoo code markings on Marie Laveau's tomb, although I haven't reached the point where I will alter that message (I remember that we do that). 

My main problem stemmed from the fact that I couldn't remember just what had happened last night when I quit the game. Grace had given me a journal and letter that I was supposed to read, but I forgot about it. Finally I found them in my inventory. Also, I found where the term "Shattenjäger" first appears. It's in the letter we find in the puzzle clock in Grandma's attic, but somehow it just didn't register with me. Perhaps I didn't properly examine it when I found it.

I have visited a friendly Voodooienne, Moonbeam. She has a nice house and does a nice dance.

Nuts, but nice

Moonbeam actually is quite helpful. Also, my memory of the original game served me well tonight. There is a point when you enter the Voodoo Museum where you get attacked. You can die. One of the few actual puzzle solutions I remember from the original game is how not to die. It's easy, and I was able to stop the murder process with no difficulty.

There was a nice clue, however, after that, which I ought to have picked up on. Because I didn't I wound up trying all kinds of things to get Mosely to re-open the Voodoo Murders case, when I had the evidence all along. Something I don't remember from the original is three identical little girls skipping rope outside the police station.

Where did these girls come from?

At any rate, at last I ended the day. That was a major one, so I stopped there. 

I have definitely decided at least one thing: the next game I'm playing for this blog will be either the original GK1 or GK2. Haven't played them in years, am enjoying the heck out of this one, and I need to have them in my games list! Plus, playing GK1 again will allow me to see just what they changed for the 20th Anniversary edition!

But it's time to get all of the Gabriel Knight games into this blog! It's an adventure games blog, and I have to have the best!



No comments:

Post a Comment