What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

To the Moon 3: The Scientists Encounter Problems



I did this section of the game a couple of days ago and was just going to sit down and finish the game, but it looks as though there might still be quite a bit more to play, so I'll just post this now with the intent of finishing the game tomorrow.

We go further and further back in time with John's memories, but the scientists encounter a glitch--one of John's memories is damaged in some way and they can't get past it. They hope that they can achieve their mission anyway but find that they can't.

Luckily, however, they find a way to reach John's earlier memories, and one of them is quite momentous.

I'm still finding the game to be interesting but mostly repetitious. In a way that makes the game easier, of course, because mostly you know what to do. The only problem is in finding, usually by stumbling upon, the memory links they need to progress (or in this case, regress. Ahem). 

Once in a while the game delivers a different kind of puzzle. This one involved catching a horse, and I found it to be rather challenging. Eventually, just by chance I think, I managed to "solve" it. I had to chase the horse until I hit it just right. This involved using the arrow keys and the space bar to gallop.

Sorry. This was the best shot I could get of it.

Honestly I think these things are just put in there to break up the monotony. The story is not monotonous, however, and that's really the only reason to keep playing.

We have a nice wedding, and continued lovely shots of
the lighthouse.


Looking out at the sunset

But we learn that John might be dying, so there's no time to lose to recover his final memories, the memories that might allow the scientists to find his wish to go to the moon.

No time to lose


So the story continues interesting. The only real problems I'm having are just advancing in the game when I can't find the means to move forward. However, the playing area is very limited in all of the episodes, so I've been able to find the stuff I need just by wandering around. The game really holds your hand almost all of the way.

I've just seen the most traumatic memory that John has from his early childhood. In glancing at a WT (not reading it!!) I can see that there are still quite a few episodes to go. So I'll plan to do those tomorrow, and will continue this blog then!






No comments:

Post a Comment