What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Baldur's Gate 13: That was Quick Work


Okay, so I did the bandit camp. Took a while to find it, with some interesting side quests that I did not pursue. I found an interesting area where a wizard sent me to the north pole (or was it the south--well it had a polar bear so it must have been north). However, there was a much more powerful wizard there and I couldn't beat him, so I'll take that on later. I have some nice potions now that ought to protect me from lots of magic.

So the bandit camp actually was a lead pipe cinch, but I made a pretty bad mistake. You easily can join the bandits to get entry into the place, and just loot it and take out the bandits in small groups. What I didn't realize was that your reputation gets shot if you do that. I was heroic, at 20 points, the highest you can get, and now I'm back down to average. I'd have to spend 200 coins for each point at a temple, and I don't want to do that. 

The Bandit Camp, with good loot

Drat. I had enough money for Imoen's Robe of the Good Mage. Now that my rep's trashed, it costs way too much.

So, I'll just have to wander about doing good deeds until I get it back up to snuff. 

That isn't fair. You shouldn't lose all those points and then get only one back when you decimate the place and turn in the papers. 

Sigh. It is a game.

I did, however, get some lovely loot from the bandits. I think I must head down to Firewine Bridge next, as a character told me that if I want to make money, that's where to go. Might even try Neera's wild mage quest again too. I've got lots of magic blocking potions and stuff now, and Neera has Dispel Magic and Remove Magic. 

Which is why I can't get rid of her yet. 

Now ha. If I hadn't accepted Neera into my party, I doubt that I'd have this quest. Both it and Neera are new to the Enhanced Edition.

Well, folks play this game over and over again. You always wind up slaughtering all the bandits anyway. May as well just slaughter them first, and keep the rep.


No comments:

Post a Comment