What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Monday, July 1, 2013

Baldur's Gate 11: Leveling Up



After a good week of work on my Kirkus books (yes, I made the deadline once again!) I can have some fun with my game.

I dual-classed Imoen last time I played. She's now a mage, but she's lost her thief abilities until I get her up to mage level seven (that's a lotta points). I've got her up to level three--the earlier levels go faster. Of course, now that the rest of my party is at level five, I'll be slaughtering more important monsters for more points per monster, so it'll go faster than it did at the beginning of the game. 

I'm keeping Neera. She's now at level five and can use level three spells. I need those. Plus, every now and than one of her spells goes awry, and that's really kind of a lot of fun.

I found a cloak that turns the character into a wolf for a few turns and put it on Kivan. I think he likes it. He's quite effective as a wolf, and I can control him when he is one. So that's fun. I just found an interesting ring that I gave to Emerald. Supposed to deal death to a victim somehow. I'll try that out soon to see what it might be.

I've managed to slaughter Bassilius and got the 5,000 coin reward for him. He had some spiffy stuff on him. I used a hold person spell on him and my monster wand. That gave me a buncha hobgoblins that did the job of wiping him out for me.

Easy. Hah.

I bought the Robe of the Neutral Mage for Neera--that gives her what amounts to good armor. I also bought full plate mail for Ajantis, making him into a super-tank. Now I'm saving up for Imoen's Robe of the Good Mage. I also want to get the Dagger of Venom for Jahiera, but these things are freakin' expensive. However, I'm making money a lot faster now than before.

I found a manual of bodily constitution and used that on Emerald (the FAQ says to always use these manuals on your main character because when you import into BG 2, you keep all those good stats. She now has a constitution of 19, which isn't quite good enough to help her regenerate (Kagain the dwarf's 20 constitution did that), but it does make her pretty darn tough.

I'm just kinda wandering around. I managed to kill the dread wolves in the temple area. I'm looking for the basilisk--I know there is one. I have a protection from petrification spell all prepared when I find it. 

I have the bandit quest, but hope I haven't yet wiped out the bandit camp. I did get some bandits that were camped, but they weren't too tough. I really don't want to do that quest yet because Vai won't buy any more scalps after the camp is wiped out. I'll have to be careful.

Anyway I've been having lotsa fun! It's great to get back to the game!

Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment