What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Avernum Crystal Souls 15: Clearance!


So the story continues. I decided just to clear up some of the quests I've got clogging up my list. I had completed several. Now that I can use the portal system it takes far less time to travel. 

Along the way I finally was able to get "Crown Clearance," so now there is no place in official Avernum that I cannot go. I could even have robbed the royal treasury. I killed the guard basilisks (which were more powerful than just your average basilisk), but I decided not to take the loot in the chests until I get down on money again.

I got in to see Starcap in Dharmon finally, but he would't teach me any spells. I'm still trying to find those powerful spells. Gonna have to do lots more stuff to earn 'em, I guess. 

I also got in to see Solberg! And there was Cheeseball, Solberg's "familiar," the best cat in the game. He appears in several games, actually. I'm tempted to name a cat after him someday, but it would be cruel.

Cheeseball is a cynic. For example, an sample of his dialogue:

Click to Embiggen

Didn't play for all that long tonight, but I did get some more quests. I'll have to go back to the Vahnatai lands to get yet another cloak. There are some major spells in Patrick's Tower that I should be able to read, but I have to do something for Patrick to get a deciphering lens, and Patrick wants a cloak. So, back down! Maybe I'll try to take out the demons in the Lava Dome this time. I'm up to levels 25 and 26, so I've still got a long way to go! I might be halfway through the game by now.

Plus, I want to see if I can get back to that Empire Ziggurat where I saved the Crystal Soul. There's more to be fought there, and more loot to get! I don't plan to do the fight yet. Just want to see if I can get back there again.

Till tomorrow!

Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment