What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Avernum Crystal Souls 16: Back to the Ziggurat


Well it was a good idea to go back to the Empire Ziggurat! Yes, I can still get in. I cleared it out except for the center temple with all the wizards and their minions. I don't think I'm strong enough for that yet.

Pretty standard stuff, really. Got some nice loot out of it, and in fact, I've got to stop selling stuff for awhile. I have reached 30,000 coins, and that clearly is the limit. So, until I can find some spells or other expensive stuff to buy, I don't want to sell anything because it won't register. Maybe I ought to go and get some of the expensive training that's out there.

Plus, I went back to the Lava Dome, which is highly comical. You meet a little imp there and he has some great dialogue. However, I can't finish that until I get the verdamnten dispel barrier spell, and I'm going to have to get it at least at level two. Where will the level three spell be? But with two, I may be able to go back and clear out lotsa stuff. There are even a couple of barriers in the Ziggurat I couldn't get. I will say that it was good I picked up a pipe, because that becomes useful at the Lava Dome. I've kinda learned that Jeff will want odd stuff like that from time to time.

At least this time I made sure I had enough high-quality Vahnatai items that I didn't have to go trekking back and forth to Patrick's Tower. Patrick said he wanted Vahnatai stuff, so I gathered the major things, and clicked on him until he had everything he wanted. Time saver there.

Also managed to get in to see Rhentar-Ihrno (or however you spell it), the great mage of the Vahnatai. I have a quest for her that I can't do until I find the Orb of Thralni--it lets you fly short distances, and there are places in the game that are inaccessible without it. Very useful item.

So the next step is to attack that island and get the dispel barrier spell. Plus, I can get to Erika, the arch-mage of Avernum. Maybe she'll sell me some high-level spells.

So, lots to do!

Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment