What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Avadon 3: Back to Spiderweb






Oh Joy and Happiness! One of my two very favorite game designers has released a new game! This is the final episode in the Avadon series!

I thought I would have trouble playing this unless I moved the computer back to my living room, but I put a pillow on my office chair and it seems to be greatly helping my hip problem (getting better). Normally I can't sit this long, but the pillow seems to have solved the problem!

OK! I have started Avadon 3! I may have been one of the first people to buy it from the Spiderweb site. I checked the site just after midnight (Pacific time) and it wasn't there. I checked it in the morning and it still wasn't there, so I downloaded the demo, and then the link to buy the game appeared! Hooray! So I junked the demo and installed the full game. I mean, there's no doubt I'm going to buy this game! I need to buy from the Spiderweb site because Steam doesn't allow different screen resolutions, and when you buy directly from Spiderweb, you can choose the size you want. Old eyes need large text! (Something Jeff will begin to appreciate in years to come—if not already!)

Update: Turns out that the screen resolution doesn't matter this time. I'm sitting close enough to the computer that I can play without my glasses (I am fervently nearsighted.) So I put the game onto the top resolution choice, and it's fine. The bonus is that I get to see more of the screen all at once. Goody!

I'm playing a Tinkermage again this time, as I did in Avadon 2, although this time I'm a female tinkermage, "Emerald" (after my precious Emerald, the mascot of this blog). I like that character because you basically get extra fighters in the form of your turrets. I don't think I could have completed the earlier game on "hard" if I hadn't been playing a Tinkermage. Also, it's a new kind of character! Fun!

So I have completed the initial explorations of the first area. I have a quest to dispatch wolves outside the camp, but so far I haven't figured out how to get outside the camp. I've also got the major quest from the camp commander, and a third one as well. I have  explored everything (I think!) and have acquired some nice initial items. Stole stuff from the storage rooms, and sold what I could. Bought a lockpick and a battle potion (that gives me two, because I found another one). Getting outside will be the puzzle. I will tackle it tomorrow!

So glad I don't have to move the computer!

More tomorrow, definitely! I cannot resist Spiderweb games! I have some fun weeks ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment