What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Barrow Hill The Dark Path 5: In the Kitchen


Have been busy busy with watching important politics and interacting with my guests, so I haven't had the chance to play for a few days. Only did a token amount tonight: trying to solve the plug puzzle in the kitchen.

The plug puzzle just might be some kind of dragon. There are only three wires, giving only six possible arrangements of the wires, see:

There are only six possible ways to do this

None, not one, of those six possible permutations works. I listed all the possibilities and did them systematically.

OK. That means that there's something else I have to do before I do this puzzle. Matt hasn't uploaded any more updates in the three days since I left the game, so I'm going to assume this is the final version, for now. Everything ought to work. So, I'm just going to have to leave this puzzle and wait until I find something else.

However, when I click on the microwave, there is no icon at all. So, I'll just have to wait to find out what's going on with this thing,

The plug goes to the microwave, doesn't it?

When I returned to the game, the loud water sound was still there, even standing by the phone booth. It was everywhere, just as it was when I left the game last time. However, once I went into the kitchen and emerged again, the sound was gone. So, at least one glitch remains to be fixed!

I have absolutely no idea what to do next, so I'll just go back into the woods and start stumbling around again. I seem to find something to do each time, and eventually it's going to start coming together. Of course, I'd like to find my way into the motel rooms, but it's possible that we're just not meant to go there in this game. 

Till next time, when maybe I'll gain some new insight!

No comments:

Post a Comment