What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Avadon The Warborn 2: Cleaning up Pests


Right! I have done what I had to do within the initial play area so that I managed to get out. I have met companions (dunno if there will be more). We can select any two of these companions to accompany us whenever we go on a mission. I've even had a level up. The skills system is pretty similar to the first two games.

I'm now outside the fort on a side mission for an early character, slaughtering wolves and their accomplices. Looking for a magical person, haven't found him/her yet. Combat is easy peasy so far, but then, it's supposed to be at this stage of the game.

I remember Jeff Vogel in one of his blogs, writing that when your character starts out in an RPG, you're so weak you can barely flush a toilet with both hands.

But of course, the enemies are perhaps even weaker.

I see he's added some little footprint icons to show you where you can go in combat. Nice touch, especially for newbies. 

I am, for the first time ever (I blush to admit) using some of the keypad controls. Always and forever I have used only the mouse. Now, this is silly. You have to move the mouse to the bottom of the screen to do simple things like "get," switch from fight to peace, switch weapons. But those keys are right there, "g," "f," and "w." You can just rest your hand on the keyboard and do this stuff.

In my defense, I rarely had the keyboard right in front of me while I played in the past. This time I have the 'puter on a 'puter table with the keyboard right there.

So! I haven't yet finished this trash mission, but I am collecting some armor and goodies, and getting the first few levels out of the way.  You must do this, RPG newbies, before you go out on your first major mission. You need to be as well equipped and as strong as possible, but face it, in your first few missions you are going to be so weak you can barely flush a toilet with both hands.

Onward later tonight!!

Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment