What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Barrow Hill The Dark Path 3: Deeper into the Woods


So far I have not found cats in the Barrow Hill woods, but not for want of traveling through them. The map does help, but it's still pretty easy to get turned around and keep finding the picnic site when you're looking for the druid pool.

Nevertheless, I did find not only the picnic site, but I got Olly's glasses. I also found the druid pool and got the key to the pool. Not sure what to do with that yet. I thought I could "charge" the crystal in the brass grate just above where you find the crystal, but now, that area wants a different inventory item. Yet, the crystal worked, and I found the key. Then all I did was click on the pool and the debris floating in it disappeared. Dunno what that's supposed to do. Yet.

A clean Druid pool. But what does it do?

I also took abundant notes and learned that we will need to know which wooden effigies go with the three kids. I'm pretty sure I've figured that out, assuming that the almost-hidden symbol on the computer is Mia's. (I mean, that is Mia's computer. Stands to reason she's the one in the middle of the desktop photo.) In another area you see Gus's symbol, leaving Olly's to the process of elimination. But I haven't found any actual effigies yet, or a way to construct them, or the opportunity to put them somewhere, although I'm fairly certain they'll go on the three large rock formations, along with a correct metal object, and I'm pretty sure I know which one is Mia's.

That candle puzzle that I thought I'd solved I had not solved. I missed one of the candles. However, once you do solve it, you do indeed find a sim card, as Matt told me in our FB messenger conversation. Once I spotted the last candle, the puzzle worked perfectly, leaving you with this: 

And you get a sim card too

I played again for a long time last night and got so absorbed in the game that I again forgot to take screen shots. So I went back to the game, and by that time Matt had added more updates. Once those loaded I was able to get the car keys (and the crystal key for the pool)! And wow, what a treasure trove of information those car keys reveal! I took abundant notes, as I did in the cairn with the computer. Lotsa notes, dunno what to do with them yet! But I have them! Knowledge!

Get the keys!


I confess that I'm at a bit of a loss about what to do next. I have all this information, but I haven't yet encountered any clue about what that computer password might be. I don't know how to get to the motel rooms. I don't know how to use the sim cards I've been collecting (I have six now). I haven't yet found the little wire that I need to mend the plug for the microwave in the kitchen.

So I guess that I'll just have to start wandering those dark woods again and hope to stumble onto something, or get another phone call that might lead me somewhere. 

It's nighttime here in California. Time to play the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment