What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Friday, May 17, 2019

Machinarium 5: Doing More


Have just been pecking away at the game, looking at a WT occasionally but mainly just poking around. I have made some progress, but am stumped about some major things.

I did manage to repair all of the musicians' instruments, which leads to my little robot guy dancing!


Get the rhythm!

That meant kinda following the WT on what I'm calling the "balcony," which includes a slider puzzle (um, not difficult. Don't forget you can take one piece out).


The reason is to catch the cat

I did manage to catch the cat, but had no idea what to do with it. That's where the WT came in.

Now I'm in the main square, and I have figured out how to manipulate the clock! I can do two things to it, both of which get reactions. I thought that the reaction of the lady would allow me time to enter another area, but either I didn't pick the correct area or I'm wrong about that. I did, however, grab a clue that is behind her when she gets up, so that must mean something. The other reaction gets a guy to show up in an upper window, but I have no idea what to do then either.

I'm also stumped with the screen that is directly under the main square. I have found two red wrenches, but I need three, according to my robot's graphic bubble thought. I have looked at the WT and know what I need to do to wake up the big wrench that's sleeping on the pipe, but I cannot reach an item that I need to accomplish that task.


What to do?

So, at least I'm enjoying the antics of my little robot character. He crosses his arms and waits if I don't click the screen quickly enough. He doesn't just walk down stairs; if there's a railing he slides down them!


Sliding down the rail!

I remain massively impressed with the art and sounds and music in this marvelously inventive game! I think I might be about halfway through it. My problem now is that the plot has ceased to be linear, and has become more open. So I'm having trouble figuring out what to do. When I make new discoveries, however, things ought to start falling into place. Ergo, I really want to stay away from that WT and just continue poking my way around!

Update:  Breakthrough! I found the third red wrench and now can tackle the pipes puzzle! I will solve it tomorrow! On my own! Yes I will! So: to bed!

Next Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment