What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Saturday, May 18, 2019

Machinarium 6: Breaking Out!


A HA! So I found the third red wrench. I tried half the morning to figure out the water pipes puzzle. 

I could not.

I looked it up.


This is NOT the solution

Actually the solution is more straightforward than the mess above leads you to believe, which means it's a good puzzle, actually.

Yet I'm glad I looked it up. When a puzzle gets to a certain point, solving it almost emphasizes the frustration.

BUT! That done, I was able to make sense of the information that was behind the lady. Indeed, it means something. It allowed me finally to retrieve the item I needed that would allow me to awaken the sleeping giant wrench in that scene. He did what I asked him to do, and that led me to . . .


Outside!

A whole new area of the game! Yippee! 

Now, of course, that item at the end of the platform has stuff to manipulate, although I really didn't do anything to it. But I was able to move the "lift" down anyway, and there I found:


How the characters communicate

My character's girlfriend! She has been kidnapped by the bullies who plague all the innocents in the game. Apparently the main goal of the game is to rescue her and live happily ever after.

Now then. I am outside her barred window. She is inside. I have no idea what to do next, but I will start to poke around.

Feels good to get out of the last area! Perhaps I'll get a more linear plot for just awhile. No doubt I'll have to figure out how to manipulate the lift I'm on.

But I have advanced! Hooray!

Next Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment