What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Monday, January 6, 2020

Dark Fall 4: Ghost Vigil 3: Whoa! What was THAT??



So that was fairly intense! Careful about going upstairs, especially if you find Jemima!

However, the game continues to be just exactly what I need! I'm clearly not finished with the attic area, as there is at least one place there where I need an inventory item. I actually might have found it, but have been wandering in other areas instead.

The lab had an interesting puzzle. Four of the six pictures you find there and examine are easy--the other two not so much. But once you solve that you get a new gadget. 



The thermal cam!

Additionally in the lab you find that Steve has been collecting runes, and for those of us who have played Dark Fall 1, they will look familiar. Note: it is not at all necessary to have played any of Mr. Boakes' other games to enjoy this one. It stands alone nicely. However, experience of the other games certainly enhances this one.
Some of us have seen these before!

Also I got into the library, with a key a ghost gave me, apparently. So it wants me to help us? (You can help us!) There are major things in that library desk. I had another malware crash (no, I hadn't saved often enough because I was just too engrossed in the game). However, when I went back the second time I found two things I had missed at first. So that was worth it.



Lots of goodies in the Library desk!

I am now saving after anything major. It isn't the game, it's my malware protection.

I have made it into the main lobby and ghost hunters headquarters. The plot has thickened. There were more find-the-event puzzles on the cam screens, one of them fairly challenging—but if you get seven of eight on that screen you really cannot miss number eight! So keep hunting!


Now my problem is where to go. I have been authorized to go upstairs, but instead I decided to hunt around on the ground floor and got fairly well lost. Found my way back to the headquarters mainly by accident. However, in my wanderings I found the most wonderful paintings on one wall that depict Saxton. If you go close up you can hear faint music and dialogue from The Lost Crown. That won't mean anything to those who haven't played TLC, but if you haven't, what are you waiting for?




Some players will recognize these locations!


However, my next excursion took me into a room that inspired the title to this post. There are supposed to be no jump scares in this game, but this comes pretty close! Very intense, unnerving sounds and visuals that go on and on until you figure out how to stop them and then get outta there! (At least, I suppose you're supposed to get outta there. I certainly did. Not entirely sure I'm going back, either.)


Be careful with Jemima!

I have made it safely back to the headquarters. Haven't even been up all the stairs yet. So, lots and lots to go!

Gad this is fun, and at times, intense. The graphics are great, and of course Jonathan is the past master at sound effects. I might add that most of the voice acting is done by Jonathan and Matt (with their real photos too) and I think they're both doing just fine. Matt's the good guy in this one, and Jonathan is playing a character that comes across, intentionally, as rather a nasty sort. 

So I should have time tomorrow after the gas company comes to fix my furnace, which has been out for a week and a half. This is Southern California, so it's not an emergency, but I do have to be able to spring up and go to the door as soon as they arrive, and the position I get into to use the PC makes that difficult. Hope the guy comes in the morning.

Well, any delay I might have only prolongs the experience, and that's a good thing. Really, so far I think this is one of Jonathan's best games. 

Until tomorrow—sometime.

Next Entry.


No comments:

Post a Comment