What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Dark Fall: Ghost Vigil 6: Flying!





I found the drone! Hooray! Flight!

And getting out of that room turned out to be a cinch. Fun when things work like that!

I indeed am using the Shadow Tor version of the game. I tried the other shortcut and it did take me to the Steam version. Fortunately both versions are keeping my saves current. Ergo, if I have any trouble with this version I can go to the more up-to-date Steam one and get by any problem. But I still like this version because it's so much easier to take screenshots.

I finally managed, in the Steam version, to get the EVPs from the two portraits, but I had to wait for several minutes for each one to kick in. I imagine the problem would be the same in the ST version. I just didn't wait long enough. Still no luck with the EVP at the piano. It's just not there.

However! Back to my progress!

First, however, I experienced what I think is the first real flaw in the game (other than the tech problem with the EVPs). You will be playing a game of Snakes & Ladders (in the US I think we called this Chutes & Ladders) and your reward depends on whether you win or lose. There's nothing you can do to influence the game. It's completely random, and it takes a long time to play. That means that if you don't get the correct outcome you have to play it again . . . and again . . . and again.



Winning! (or not)


It's fairly easy to see if you have the correct outcome, but the time involved is not worthy of this game, I think.

Anyhoo, you get to fly a drone once that task is complete! And that is super fun! Hint: fly the thing absolutely everywhere you can. You're going to pick up major clues! (I've got the clues, but have no idea where to use them. No doubt the places will appear in due time.)



A Drone!



From the Drone


I made it into the Boy's Dormitory! Yes! And I found the best Easter egg in the game: a map of Saxton from The Lost Crown by none other than Nigel Danvers! Now, it's quite appropriate that TLC makes an appearance here. This game was created in order to get money to finish the sequel to TLC!  You can do a puzzle with the map if you know TLC. There's a little trick to it but I figured it out.



Inside the Boy's Dorm



Map of Saxton!


But here I am in the Boy's Dorm. There is a complicated puzzle here, and I'm running out of playing time for the day, so I'll tackle that tomorrow. I imagine that if I figured out the puzzle in the Girl's Dorm I can do this one too.

Plus, there's this nifty puzzle. I thought it might work with sound the way the crypt door did in TLC, but no, there's a clue close by if you look!


How does it work?


So! Till Tomorrow!

Next Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment