What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Dark Fall 4: Ghost Vigil 5: Back, Back, Back, On, On, On!




Whoosh! I made some real progress, but I may be trapped!

Anyway . . .

I decided to start over because the game is on Steam and I wanted the achievements. Also, I'm pretty sure I wasn't more than a third of the way into the game, and I definitely had missed some stuff. And plus, I wanted to use my own name in the game (because I know that Jonathan actually put my name in the game!! Somewhere. But the game knows my name!)

However, I just re-experienced the earthquake, for which I was supposed to get an achievement, and I did not get the achievement. Plus, I found Steve's pamphlet, for which I know there's an achievement, and I didn't get that one either. But I can take screenshots the old-fashioned way without having to go through the verdamnten Steam overlay. So I think I must still be working off the Shadow Tor version. There are two shortcut icons for the game on my desktop, and I'm using the older one. 

That's fine. I will without doubt play this game again, and I can play through the Steam site and get the achievements at that time. Right now I'd rather be able to get screenshots easily rather than having to go through the Steam overlay.

I w
asn't able to play for a few days because of Life. This is what I mean by Life:


My phone

Had to get that taken care of and then had yet other major problems to fix. But now I'm back!

I also got the PDF walkthrough from Darkling Room, and although I really really try not to use walkthroughs, I did have a look at it. It says you can get an EVP from the roundabout, but no, you can't. I tried far too many times. There is no EVP there, despite the "here" clue. Nevertheless I followed the instructions from the PDF and I did get the phenomenon, which is kinda nice.


The Playground phenomemon

I'm actually having lots of trouble getting EVP's I'm supposed to get. Despite what the PDF says, there is no EVP from the piano or from two portraits that are supposed to have them. I finally got one from the burning boy portrait, but I had to hold up the recorder for a very long time before it kicked in. That waiting technique did not work for those three other spots.

I did some exploring in the washroom. Here's that phone! There's another one in the Office with a bit of a different message. Very nice. I've collected some items, and several ID cards. I know what those are for.



Phone in the washroom.

We have another find-the-changes puzzle when we get to the main hall with all of the camera screens. This one was fairly easy to spot. I'm not giving anything away here. You have to go through some stuff before you get to this



Nice ghost in the classroom


Now and then we run into harmless spirit manifestations. These won't hurt you. (Well, there might be one that can).



You'll find this one easily.

Well! At one point today when I was just about to say, there is no progress here, I went back to the attic and followed the clues that I have. And that gave me a fantastic experience as well as what I'm sure will be a major inventory item! I know exactly where to get the item I will need to make it all work, but so far I don't have the item that will allow me to collect it.

I solved the piano puzzle. That one really is a cinch. No EVP though, despite what the walkthrough says.



You can do it!


And then, and then, and then, I solved the puzzle with the levers in the girls' dormitory. It took me almost forever, but at last I figured out how to do it! The clues are all around the room. You just have to find and interpret them. Good puzzle. Really good puzzle, with quite a reward!




Figure it out!



Yes! Made it to the girls' safe room. Found major, major clues in there along with what I already know will be an essential item.
However, it doesn't seem as though I can leave. Oh dear. I really do appear to be trapped.

I'll have to try to figure it out tomorrow!

So far, this is the best Dark Fall game yet! Can't wait to see what happens next IF I can get out of that room!

Next Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment