What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Thursday, January 9, 2020

Dark Fall 4: Ghost Vigil 4: Exploring the House



Made more progress today, finally! There were no deliveries that didn't arrive until hours after they were supposed to and the furnace is fixed. So! I played!

I did go back into the scary room and immediately regretted it. I got out without damage. I think tomorrow I'll be sure to save and see if the Dark Fall gets me in there. Be cute to know what happens.

I am having a bit of a problem: the mouse is terribly loose, and sometimes as difficult to control as a controller would be. I wonder if that happens in areas of the game that originally were meant to be navigated with a controller. Probably not, but it's interesting.



The Thermal cam reveals secrets


I explored all through the upper floor and most of the way through the lower floor, and will be going back upstairs tomorrow because I found an item that I can use to advance. I also found numerous inventory items, and am collecting employee ID cards for some reason. 


And I have a pen that I think I can use in the attic. There was even a reference to it in some of Steve's dialogue—he wondered if he could find a similar pen. Great. I've got it. I think I'm going to try that first tomorrow because I saved in a place where I can get outside and to the fire escape pretty quickly. Plus, I need to try the radio in specifically in that location, even though all the radios appear to play the same stations. There was a photo, and it was the radio in the attic.



Tawney the Owl!


I have recorded a couple more EVPs, one of which appears to be the beginnings of a game—if I can find the area that it refers to. Pretty clearly these EVPs aren't just window dressing or part of the backstory. I think they're going to be major clues.

I have met one nice ghost, apparently the caretaker. I found the portrait of the "burning boy." No doubt that will kick in later. I found Harwood's study, but can't get in yet. I found the nursery but Steve told me to get outta there.



The "Burning Boy"


The girls' dormitory is open, with some really nice detail scattered around. I think this game is going to be part of a puzzle, but don't know how that's going to work yet. The boys' dormitory is still locked.



I think this game in the girls dorm will be part of a puzzle.

I have found Steve's copy of the ghost pamphlet with all kinds of interesting notes. No doubt I'll be able to use some of these ideas to advance.

I also got a nice phone call in the laundry room. Can't remember what it said though. Hmmm. 

The detail in this game is really good and is greatly contributing to the atmosphere and, ahem, realism, if you can call it that. You really do feel as though you're doing ghost hunting in the house. 

I do need to use my ghosthunting gadgets more, but the night vision camera revealed several hidden messages, one of which may be a code that I'll need. And of course, Jonathan's signature clue, the ghostly whisper "here" tells you where you need to look more closely at things. I now also have a bit of a goal, finding something about the "Jerico Five." The word "Jerico" has come up several times.


Just a corner in the game


Also, I indeed do have the Jemima doll in my inventory. I've looked at her but she didn't do anything evil to me. I'm certain that's going to come in handy.


So, really, I'm still kind of just getting my feet wet in the game. I'm betting I may be a third of the way through, the way it feels. Still lots and lots to go! I know there are major puzzles coming up, and I haven't found them yet. 

So, onward!

Next Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment