What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Dark Fall: Ghost Vigil 7: Cracking the Code!



Very little playing time today because I got interrupted, but I DID solve the puzzle in the boy's dorm. I admit that I got a slight clue from CJU's ongoing video playthrough, but as soon as I realized it I stopped playing that and solved it on my own. I had all the pieces already put together anyway. It was just the last element.

And it worked! I did indeed get the code, and I got the secret thing the boys were hiding, and I got a second brief recording from a white glowing light. The other one was at the piano (although it was not an EVP).

OK. I think I know what's going on here. It's like the first Dark Fall game, where we will be reciting the names of the symbols in a certain order. I've found the runes in the Lab; that's easy.



The Runes


So far I've seen all but two of these. One I found that had clearly broken off the house, and the others are on the house, spotted by the drone.



Look closely for runes


So I definitely have made progress.

Now, however, I have absolutely no idea what to do. Won't have any playing time tomorrow, so perhaps in my time off I will think of something. Until then . . .

(I do enjoy CJU's horror game videos. He likes to laugh at games but I think he's come to appreciate the stuff that Jonathan, at least, does. I'm certain, however, that he is getting hints and is editing a lot of searching around out of his videos. I'm only watching what he does until I get to where I am in the game. I am glad I got that hint, though, because I probably wouldn't have thought of it.)

Two days later: Aha! I had forgotten one more puzzle in the boy's dorm. This one:


Makes no sense to me

I've gotta say that while the code-cracking puzzle is really good, this nightmare man puzzle is really bad. It makes no sense even when you know the solution (and I really did have to look this one up. It makes no sense.)

Anyway, thereafter comes a bunch of wandering around. You just have to go to the right areas to get radio messages (hint: the locations are all downstairs and outside). But by following those you get into the greenhouse where there is a nifty puzzle that I have not yet solved, but am fairly well advanced into.



Another nice time event



The first part of the puzzle

I've done the test tube part and have passed! Now it's on to the more practical side of Mr. Harding's lesson. And there I have left off.

So, much more to do I think! Um, also, there's more than a small hint of some danger, so that will add some spice to the game!

Onward!

Next Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment