What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Friday, January 31, 2020

Dark Fall: Ghost Vigil 8: Flowers!



Made a lot of progress today! 

The second half of the seeds puzzle is fairly easy, although you don't know you've got it right until you move out of the room. But then you find yourself in a whole different time with whole different puzzles!

This is a good puzzle, but I think has one too may layers to it. Quite complex, we have to gather the correct colors of flowers and figure out what to do to them. We have to grow that yellow rose that we found in the attic room back in time.



Lovely yellow roses . . . for whom?

This all requires a bit of time traveling, but by this time in the game players will know how to do that.

A major difficulty in this multi-layered puzzle is to figure out which tune to play on the record player. Apparently it's randomized, so perk up your brain to remember melodies, because there's no clue to the numbers here:



Choose the correct tune


So you're going to have to figure out where you heard a tune like these.

But wait! There's more! Poetry is involved. Actually I didn't find the poem at all difficult. It's what to do with it that can cause some difficulty, and I admit that I needed a hint for that portion of the puzzle. If you did the whole thing without hints, I salute you! I needed one little nudge and one actual hint for the final solution.

It's a very good puzzle, but one of the more difficult I've encountered in Jonathan's games. Be patient. It is solvable. And plus, the scenery is really nice, I think!

Once you get all that done, you've got another bit of danger to face. Follow the easy clues and you will find yourself in a new location: the upper classroom! We did a find-the-difference puzzle on this room downstairs on the multi-cams. 



 Spooky place, isn't it?

And here we will encounter another bit of an uneasy discovery. With that discovery, however, we'll find another tape.

I know there's another major puzzle to be done here, and I'm pretty sure where we're going to do it (out on the balcony?). 

However, I'm going to go and play that tape first. Also, I made the mistake of looking at a bit more of CJU's playthrough and he found something that I missed. Actually, I might have permanently missed it, so I'm not too sorry that I looked. Want to be sure, however, that in future I don't watch his stuff until I'm sure I'm well past what he's done.

Once I get those two things done, the tape and the thing I missed, I'll go back to the classroom and tackle that new puzzle!

Onward!

Next Entry.

1 comment: