What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Lights Out 3: Puzzled



Just a little bit of play tonight. I managed to get into Drake's room. There's a door puzzle, but if you've found the clue it's a cinch.


I do recall that it wasn't a cinch the first time, but I remember the meaning of the numbers you find in the clue. Actually I hadn't found the clue when I first got to the door, but there really could only be one place for it, so I went back and there it was.


Now, that was easy because I've played before.


However, Drake's closet puzzle is more daunting. I know where part of the clue is, and easily found that. But I can't remember what to do with it. Plus, there's a drawer that I can't open. I'd bet that the last part of the clue is in there, but I can't remember how to get the blasted thing open. Yet.


Drake's Room

Still noticing fun sound effects from other games. The violin is from Darkfall 1, the coughing shows up again in Lost Crown, quite prominently.


Also, there was a fun little poem that is said to you by a ghostly voice in the speakerphone. If I hadn't once been married to a Brit I wouldn't have been able to understand it, but it goes:


As I was walking up the stairs
I saw a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today.
I wish that he would go away.


I've heard that little rhyme often, but few Americans know it.


And the Story of Fetch Rock continues in the books in Drake's room!  I know that's different from the original release of the game.


Went up to the actual light in the lighthouse. Remembered how to get out onto the balcony and in again, but I can't remember if I'm supposed to turn on the light. I sorta tried, but couldn't. Alas, the outside fog is completely pixellated, and the creepy atmosphere mostly lost because of that. Well, I can't fault the game for being old.


It may be that I'll have to find my way into the next time zone in the game to get the clues I'm looking for. I'm pretty sure that the item I'll eventually find behind the closet puzzle takes me to the last phase of the game.


Knowing how this thing ends, I must say that I'm surprised to find so many references to it. Of course they make no sense to a new player, but if you know what's gonna happen, it fits nicely.


I'll see how I feel about that later on. I hope it helps me to like the last part of the game better.


Tonight I just didn't give things enough thought.


Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment