What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Friday, June 8, 2012

Lights Out 4: :Looking for the Tunnel


Well I wish I could find it. 


I'm back outside, trying to navigate to the tunnel. I know it's blocked off, but I know it's there. There was a photo of it in the cottage kitchen. It's a little tunnel with a wine bottle lying in it.


I cannot find it.


I did manage to get into that locked drawer in Drake's room. Just did some basic adventuring. There really aren't all that many things to click on in that room, so I hunted about it bit and found the trigger.


But alas, in the drawer I found a great clue to the endgame, and copied that down. There was also a map showing a path around the lighthouse. I'm just making a complete hash of following it (probably because I didn't copy it down). 


So next time, I'll go back to Drake's room, copy the map and follow it. I'm pretty sure that ought to be the next move, as I've pretty much exhausted the possibilities here in the lighthouse. I've been up to the light and poked around, and now the game won't let me go back up. So I must have done something right up there.


When you find a clue like that map, though, it's a pretty good guess that following it ought to be the next move. I'll also check behind the boiler again, but I'm pretty sure I can't get through there until much later in the game.


I do keep getting some nice disembodied sounds of taunting laughter and "over here," "no, over here" as I stumble around in the dark. Interestingly, these are a man's voice. The little "here" voice clues in all Jonathan's other games are a woman's voice. So there's that.


I think I'm pretty well done here in 1912. I need to find that tunnel, and then somehow I get up to 2004. Cannot remember how that happens. Then there are two other time zones after that. I don't think I can get into Drake's closet puzzle yet, because that sends us to the endgame.


So I'm frustrated, but only because I did not do due diligence with the map.


Hmph.


Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment