What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Lights Out 7: Climbing Stairs



A little bit more play tonight. Still having a bit of trouble navigating the stairs in the lighthouse, but had some fun anyway. Solved a couple of puzzles!


Lots of reading to do in this segment, plenty of nice stuff to look at, especially this mannequin:




When playing, be sure to look at this guy several times. Odd things, which appear to be random, might happen. Makes for more creepiness, if the echoing footsteps and the "over here" whispers don't do enough of that for ya!


I recognize both Jonathan and Matt Clark as the voices of the little show in the former dining room. This time I wasn't terrified, as I was the first time, on entering the dark little cafe. I do recall trembling a bit at that point the first time I played.


Made it to the top of the lighthouse to see Matt's very nice paintings, and solved the puzzle box. I only really needed the two clues I found last night to do it. Once you have those you don't really need a third clue, although another is available quite close by. (Good adventuring: click everywhere you can click.)


That allowed me to do the radio puzzle down in the history shed. Stupid me, I didn't scrutinize the photo clue to get the proper dial settings when I had the chance, but I was able to bulldog my way through that too, and got a nice effect. 


Also, I ran across dear old Andrew Verney's name, from Darkfall 1. He made the puzzle box, it seems. Yup, that's what he did in the earlier game too, as I recall.


I found the ghosthunter glasses. I remembered their location, having hunted like a demon for 'em the first time I played. However, I've climbed back up the stairs to Drake's room, where Polly is hiding. I remember she puts her eye to the keyhole, but apparently I've missed something, because she isn't doing that yet.


Well, next time I'll pop back up to the top and look at that photo again, just to be sure I got everything from that radio.


So! Another short session, but fun!


Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment