What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Lights Out 6: I'm in! Again!


Making so much progress on my Kirkus books that I decided I'd get back to my game. And I had fun! 


Didn't play very long, but long enough to take a peek around the outside of the 2004 lighthouse. Found a puzzle in the--what is it--a history shed?--that I can't do yet involving a radio. I also was able to play my floppy disc that I found in the original kitchen when the game started. It has an EVP that I can't understand. Found coins that let me look through the coin-operated telescope and got a clue for an upcoming puzzle. Also found another clue to that, so I now have numbers one and three for that puzzle. 


Then there was breaking into the lighthouse gift shop, and the lighthouse itself! Had to get through the security system. I found the first clue with the first two numbers on the pin code that you have to plug into the door. Tried to bulldog my way through the rest, but then realized that the other half of the code had to be somewhere I could get to. In fact, I remembered a place where it really might be, went back to that and found it! Ding! I'm in.


I'm still having trouble navigating here, but I think I figured out the trick to it.


Anyway, I have read the books in the bookstore--one written by "Timothy Pike," the little boy ghost from Darkfall 1. I love it that Jonathan keeps re-using names in all his games. Kinda like little easter eggs for fans. Also found the clue to Drake's closet puzzle, which proves that I'll be going back to 1912--well I knew that anyway. Can't solve it in this time period because the whole thing has been removed.


Poked around the gift shop and found a ghostly message that I can't understand in one of the CDs on sale. Polly White is here (as I recall we only see her eyes--she's in Drake's room, which is another reason we can't solve that puzzle in this time period). I wonder who's stealing 200 pounds from the till? Don't remember anything about that.


I left it just before going through the red curtain.


But I found some stuff and solved a real puzzle! So I'm quite pleased.


Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment