What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Monday, June 11, 2012

Lights Out 5: New Times!


Ashamed as I am to admit it, yes, I had to look up a walkthrough. Now that is embarrassing. I mean, it isn't as though I haven't played this game before. Sheesh.


Still, I was quite right that the next move was to follow the map--assuming you can figure the dratted thing out! The map is not all that revealing. You really have to study the thing to realize that you can't go the way you went before (as confusing as that was anyway).


But when frustration reaches a certain point, the game becomes no longer fun. Look up the WT.


Even with that I had to do lots and lots of exploring. However, I have emerged from my wandering into the 2004 segment of the game, as I was sure I would. As I recall, navigation is almost as damnable in this segment as it is in 1912. 


Entering 2004


2004, of course, was intended to be the present when the game was made. I recall some interesting things here, and also where to find some glasses I'll need. That memory ought to save me some frustration.


So I left it there. I've done quite enough wandering in this game for the evening. Now that I've finished with my stuckness, I ought to be able to make some progress.


Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment