What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Baldur's Gate 22: So I was Lost . . .


So that hiatus was a bit unplanned. Really, I was super über busy and did not have the time to play. However, I finished my Kirkus work early this morning, and decided just to take New Year's Eve and Day to get back to this game.

Good thing I did. I still remember how to play (mostly, although I'm still really bad at it), and after lots of bungling around, at last I managed to get to the next chapter in the game. I am back in Candlekeep, have learned the truth about my parentage, and am now crawling in a dungeon filled with dopplegangers, but also, according to the FAQ, with seriously good loot.

It took down the mages in the Iron Throne without too much trouble. Funny, the FAQ gives all this strategy, and I just used my normal fighting technique, which is pretty basic. However, by this time in the game I am seriously strong, so I can get away with it.

Candlekeep itself is mainly for loot, apparently. I killed the bad guys too soon and would have missed out on lots of goodies and that information about my parentage, but I consulted the FAQ and went back. One does need to know whom to kill, and when. Once I hit the fifth floor of the library I should have gone back down and slaughtered the bad guys. 

Then in the catacombs I went the wrong way. Will start there tomorrow. After I get out of that I will do the Sword Coast quests, and then it's on to the endgame! I was closer than I thought. Make sense though. I finally have some decent magical items and am pretty tough, even if I am a dork at fighting. I always forget to use my consumables, and I clog up my inventories. Then I tend to use the same spells over and over.

Plus, the guy in the FAQ keeps advising to use the spell "animate dead." I have yet to find that. Maybe after I get out of the catacomb I ought to go back to that wizard in the hedge near Beregost and see if he has it. If not, the guy in Ulgoth's Beard might, or the Sorcerer's shop in BG itself. Those would be about the only places you could acquire such an item. I will look.

Anyway, I moved the puter out to the den where I have these wonderful recliner lift chairs. I was able to have my nice fire in the fireplace and play my game too! And really, I don't have a comfortable chair in the bedroom for the computer. Until I have to show off this place, I may just leave this setup in place. At least I'm comfy!

So it's now 2014, and for the last 41 minutes I have had health insurance! Thank you Obama!

Nighty Nite!

Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment