What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Baldur's Gate 25: Got 'Em!



Finally got the guy. Got blasted again at first, no matter my good prep. However, I learned stuff (for once I actually read the scrolling descriptions of the action). 

First, I realized that even though I had chosen the correct weapons for my fighters--they weren't using them. I had to actually take all their other weapons away from them. That worked. 

Then I realized that the boss indeed could by hurt by magic missiles. I only managed to slow him once, but I got kinda lucky. I took the advice of the FAQ and sent Ajantis upstairs, then immediately headed back downstairs to draw the bad guys into my fighting area instead of theirs. First, I was getting slaughtered and Jaheira got killed. Also Ajantis was getting seriously wounded, despite his nice potions. 

On my second try (and after making sure my fighters had only the proper weapons available to them) I got kinda lucky. Only the minions followed Ajantis downstairs. I got them easily and couldn't figure out why it was so easy. Aha. Because the boss and his girlfriend had stayed upstairs.

So, another trip up, and this time the boss followed Ajantis down. With all my new knowledge I finally was able to get him. 

Went back up, and there was the girlfriend. She went down fairly easily though.

So I got all the goodies (I remembered to have Imoen check for traps and sure enough, she found 'em).

According to the FAQ I've still got fights ahead on this dratted island. But, the big fight is done, and I've got another nifty werewolf-slaying weapon, so now I can have three fighters active at one time.

Well it was exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment