What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Baldur's Gate 28: Oops.


Oh dear. So I'm glancing through Hearavon's FAQ this morning and I start reading more about how to dual-class folks, and character creation, and such like, and I realize that I have done a major oopsie.

I do not have a cleric. Hearavon says that a cleric is one of the absolutely required characters that you must have. It's the one that casts the highly useful Animate Dead spell, the spell that I don't have.

See, I thought Jaheira was a cleric. Jaheira is a druid. A druid is not a cleric. A druid is something else.

I got confused because Jaheira can heal, and that's what clerics do in the other RPGs I play. So I thought they were the same thing. 

Nope.

Hearavon says anyone without a character in all of the required classes probably will lose the game.

I'm darned close to the end, actually. Yeah, I've still got to slay the Demon Knight (although no doubt that's avoidable if I can't do it), and then I've got the endgame to do.

The endgame, of course, is going to be the toughest part.

Well, we'll see if I can do it. If not, I've had a lot of phun and learned a lot. I can play again, and put a cleric in my party next time.

Sheesh.

Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment