What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Friday, January 3, 2014

Baldur's Gate 24: Oopsies


Right. I got slaughtered. 

So I decide I'd better get outta the ship and go do the quests I missed, according to the FAQ. I found most of them, but I think I already slaughtered a few of the monsters that had the quests items. 

One really nice quest, however, was to the Sireen queen to retrieve a dead body. Now, I could fight her and her minions, but they love to charm my characters, and my characters are strong enough now to wreak true havoc when charmed. Against me. 

But I wanted the stuff the FAQ said the queen had. So ha! I decided to do it peacefully, get 2,000 points for that, then pickpocket the queen. I was able to get Corwin's pickpocket skill up to 60 recently, but that really isn't good enough. It is with a master thief potion though, and I had one of those. So he gulped that down and picked her pocket of most of the stuff I wanted, including a goodly handful of Arrows of Biting. I'm running seriously low on arrows.

Actually that doesn't matter, because the only fight I've got left here is the Werewolf boss, who can be harmed with only three weapons. I've got two of the weapons.

The guy slaughtered me on my first major attempt. I was whaling away at him without realizing I'd selected the wrong sword for Ajantis. Poor Ajantis was clinging to life, gulping down health potions, and causing no damage at all to the bad guy.

So now I'm really ready. I've cast my spells; I've arranged my weapons; I've just got to gulp down some major potions and get to it.

The first time I was able to kill the boss's wife, who shows up--the FAQ says to get her first. That was fairly easy. Then his minions go down in the general melee.

But now I've got six slow spells ready to lob onto him. I'm going to use only Ajantis and Jahira on the boss (she has one of the weapons and she's skilled with it). They will both gulp down major potions to keep them as invulnerable as possible. I've also put my two boots of speed on them, so I won't have to worry about my haste spell running out.

Then they're just going to whale away at the guy. Problem is that Jahira won't be able to cast too many healing spells--she's going to be busy. 

With my speed and slow spells, I ought to have a chance this time.

Till tomorrow!

(Oh, yesterday I managed to get the author of my FAQ, Haeravon himself, live on his Facebook page. I learned that the Animate Dead spell comes with a cleric I don't have in my party. The mages will get it eventually, but not yet. So that's why I couldn't find the thing.)

Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment