What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Barrow Hill The Dark Path 10: Progress, but Now What?



Well I have made serious progress but am now completely stuck.

I figured out how to get Ben's video feed working. Found the correct transmitter (really easy to find, actually) and his directions were all we need to figure it out, plus a bit of twiddling. That gives me a video of, supposedly, Mia, live. I had hoped it would mean she wouldn't approach me when I entered the farmhouse, but nope, not yet.

But that was a real achievement, I thought. These nice achievements make me feel good temporarily, but they're not doing anything for me.

Also, I have read more about what's going on through the Barrow Hill Radio site on the computer. However, that didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. One thing was a bit frustrating: the radio site has a hidden object game. Easy to solve, except that you don't get the reward when you solve it. Emma (or somebody) is trying to get out of the trailer door, but there's nothing to be done about that. Foo.

The BHR Radio Website

I have determined that I'm still missing one sim card, but haven't stumbled onto it yet. I did manage to navigate my way through the woods better tonight. There's an object that the Druid Pool wants, but I don't have it yet. I suspect that will be some type of jewelry.

I have items of iron, copper, and lead. I still need tin (do I have anything made of tin? Must check) and gold. One of the recordings says we can find gold easily—just take it from Mum's dresser. Sadly, her dresser is not available to me. If I can ever get fully into the farmhouse I might find something there.

But the major frustration is that rune puzzle at the magic hole. Why did I not continue the other night when I accidentally got a second image?? I can't get it back again after multiple attempts. I went back to the original paper with the clue for that an copied it down more precisely, but it's absolutely no help at all.

Runes Puzzle Clue Sheet. Not a spoiler. It won't help you either.

Update: Ahem. Yes, that paper above is a perfectly good clue. It's just that I had already solved that puzzle on my own.

So I got into the computer and got the video feed going, but those achievements have not kicked me forward at all. I even found Ollie, but that yielded no progress either. I found the farmhouse, but can't do anything there.

And what is this bag for? We got a comb with hair in it from this area (which I suspect might not be Mia's) but we can't pick up her shoe (size 5) and what is this bag for? We also get to look at a receipt from this store:

Is this a clue? To what?

On the bright side—I have been haunted a couple of times by a ghost like figure that I suspect is Baibin herself. I am going to hope that isn't random. I saw something out the round window from the door inside the dining room, and she's appeared briefly twice in the woods. Does that mean that I am making progress?

So I know that I need objects of gold and of tin, another sim card, probably another ID card for Ben, and a personal object from Mia to put on her wishing stone. Also, there is part of a page from the Dark Path book (which is now in my inventory) that tells you how to reverse a wish, but it's torn out. No doubt I'll find that somewhere.

But what to do now? I have no freaking idea. I guess I'll just have to keep stumbling around. Go back to places—sometimes things change as happened in the office with the CCTV feed. 

Either that, so somebody better call me on the phone sometime soon!

I'm finding it frustrating to solve two big puzzles, but make no progress.

Till tomorrow, I guess. Something will happen. (I am NOT going to get any clues for this game. I solved the original game without a clue, and I'm going to do the same with this one!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment