What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Barrow Hill The Dark Path 9: FINALLY!!



Oh my! So after stumbling around and making absolutely no progress at all except for finding a horseshoe, in frustration I decided I'd have to give up for the night until—I FOUND THE COMPUTER PASSWORD!!

Finally!! 

So here is the computer, and the screen that faces us until we become clever:


"The event that started it all"

So we're looking for the event that started it all, and we have four digits. Also, the computer itself has some words to the wise about passwords. So I'm pretty sure I'm looking for a four-character combo of letters and numbers.

I will give one cryptic hint: the hint might just have a double meaning.

Anyway, I found it. And the thing is more straightforward than it looks. Don't try to interpret. I tried a buncha stuff until I just finally looked at it and asked, "what are those characters?" 

So. I got in. 

I have read the emails, the stuff on Emma Harry's site, and I have watch all of the SIM cards that I have. I have a feeling that I'm missing one. I've got seven and there appears to be a slot for an eighth. I have a feeling that eighth one will give me a major clue.

However: frustration continues on the runes puzzle. Here is what I'm calling the magic hole:

Ah yes, it tells us things!

Now this thing has already given me a major clue that I used to great and good effect. But apparently it has more to say. I've got the runes. I've put them on the rock circle in front of the magic hole. I've also got clues from a sheet of paper that appears to tell me how to place them. 

OK, so I've placed them. But everything I do yields only one response from the hole:

Comes with a nice sound effect

Somehow last night when I was just messing around with this I got a second image: what looked like a child sitting at a desk, if I remember it correctly. 

Now, I did something to cause that. I don't know what it was. I have tried everything quite systematically, putting each rune into what appears to be every starting spot, and all I can get is the above image. No doubt it has something to do with the order in which you place the runes, but I can't find the starting point. Each time the runes go back to where they started.

I just haven't tricked out this puzzle yet. I know it's going to give me interesting images, but I can't figure out how. The paper I found does not seem to be enough of a clue. 

I also haven't been able to make sense of Gus's video instructions, but now that I have the computer maybe I can figure it out. I went back and got the item I'd placed for him on the wishing stones, because it looks like it's part of his diagram. Somehow that hooks up to something. However, the communications tower doesn't appear to be able to do anything, and the other source of power in the garage won't let me access it.

Well, at least I've made real progress! Still no idea what to do tomorrow night, but something's gotta give pretty soon now!

I wonder where that last sim card might be??


No comments:

Post a Comment