What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Barrow Hill The Dark Path 12: What Happens Next?


I wish I could answer that question. I am well and truly stuck.

I have visited every node in the game that I can find, and I have found nothing new (except one thing—more of which later). I have gone through the garage and the kitchen and the dining room and the waiting room and even the phone booth and found nothing new whatever. I have searched every single place I can find in the woods.

Where I stand: I have found Ollie, and he is in a strange and immobile state. Nothing more to do with him for the time being.

I did see Baibin again a couple of times, and managed to get a screenshot of one of those sightings:

Baibin?

I have got Ben's video feed going, but it only shows pre-recorded stuff that I've seen many times before. It is supposed to show you what Mia is doing live, but it's all repeats that appear to be random.

I listened to the recordings on the phone, including The Dark Path recording, but that told me nothing. I'm thinking that ought to tell me something, because the recording is mentioned on one of the computer websites, but I can't figure what it might be.

I have the computer password and have done everything on that except win the hidden object game. Will try that again tomorrow.

I have re-read all the books there are to read (except the Dark Path), and thought I found a clue in Aggie's diary, to go fishing in the Druid pool. I happen to have an object that would fit that description but it doesn't work in the pool.

I will say that the crystal key at the Druid Pool still works where it's supposed to work, but I found the item that yields long ago. It doesn't yield any more stuff no matter where and how I use it.

However, I now know the item that the pool wants, because I found a clue for it. I do not yet have that item, however.

I have tried to make a pentagram the way I made the other effigies, but you can't make one of those in that place.

I decided that I had to disrupt Mia somehow so that I could get into the farm and thought of a way I might do that, but you cannot access your inventory items when you enter that room, nor can you carry one with you and then go in.

What I DID find, although I have no idea what any of it means:

I went back to the magic hole in the quoit. Now, I already solved the sound puzzle that gets you into the farm, so I don't need those clues again. However, the other day I managed to get a different image in the hole of what looked like a sitting child:


Who is this and what is he doing?

By messing around with the runes I finally managed to get another image I hadn't seen before. Then I got this one again. And I got a third one. 

Now, this is coming from me placing the runes randomly. I shouldn't be able to do this: there ought to be a clue somewhere for it that I haven't found yet. And of course I have no idea what it all might mean. There's no doubt that it does mean something. Matt would not have put these images in the game for nothing. Can I find more of them with the runes? If so, will they begin to make any sense?

I also haven't found any fruit drink packets. Or anything made of tin or gold that I know of. Or that item for the Druid Pool.

I know there's going to be a site somewhere that will require me to place metal objects. Probably there will be something that needs fruit juices—or perhaps just the colors of the packets (earth, fire, water, spirit air—I do know the order they're supposed to go in, and that isn't it, btw). But there's been nothing even resembling any kind of puzzle for that yet.

So tomorrow I will re-read The Dark Path again to see if that gives me any ideas. I will continue to mess with the runes and see if I can get any more new images. I will try once again to solve the hidden object game on the computer. I think I'll also see if I can combine any inventory items. I don't think you can, but I'll try. I also managed to do something to the car in the garage that I haven't done before, so I'd better go back and investigate that.

And I'm going to go over all my notes again. 

But other than that I am well and truly stuck.

What happens next??


No comments:

Post a Comment