What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Monday, October 24, 2016

Barrow Hill The Dark Path 7: Ah HA!!


Yes! I was right about several things!!

It's been awhile, but I was super busy with Kirkus books and could not get to the game. It turned out that:

1. I had not missed a book in the garage. I found the book, just didn't peruse it carefully enough. I did get a clue or two from it.

2. I found the plug diagram. No, you can't zoom in on it but you can see what it says. With that I finally wired the plug (whew). There are more than those six possibilities. But with the diagram you can't go wrong. 

3. I figured out by just trying my inventory items what ought to go into the microwave, and I zapped it. That gives a cryptic clue.

4. I was right about how to make the effigies. I also appear to be right about which effigy goes with which kid (although I didn't try them in any other order, so I probably ought to do that just to be sure.) So those are placed where they are supposed to go.

5. Wow! I was right about the sound puzzle at the farm site, and I got through to the house!

But can we get in? And what will we find inside?

Something indeed happened to me there, but I appear to have been released from that experience. It placed me in a site I was looking for anyway. 

OK. I do not know what to do from here, but hey! This is real progress! I solved three major puzzles and have advanced to a new area in the game! Now if only I could get into the gas station/motel area. I bet we can somehow, but I'm not there yet!

I also found a seventh sim card, but I still don't have the computer password. So far I have found no way to view the sim cards, and I'm betting that the computer is the device for that. I got a nice warning on the radio in the kitchen that "she" is coming for them in the service station. So, hopefully I'll get there eventually.

I guess the only thing to do is to stumble around for a bit more. The farm seems to deserve more exploration—and I did (ahem) meet a person there, perhaps in person?? That is a new development for Barrow Hill. Before, we only met other characters (well, Emma Harry) on the phone.

It will be fun to go back when I finish the game and watch that YouTube playthrough, but I don't want to get any more clues from it. I will solve this myself, darn it!

Till next time! Mystified!



No comments:

Post a Comment