What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Barrow Hill The Dark Path 8: Oh MY!!


Well that was a bit of a shock! Stuff has happened! I have met actual people (one of whom is not doing well).

To start: OK. I stumbled around. I went back to the wishing stones and checked to see if I could move the effigies around, and I can. However, I'm really sure I have the right effigies on the right stones. I have found two personal items, but not the right one for Mia, it seems.

Then I really couldn't figure out what to do. So I continued to stumble around, and I stumbled back into the wrecked office. The video feed is now down. I managed to call Goshawk Security and enter the proper error code to get the video working again.

And oh my! That got me in touch with Ollie. I was able to guide Ollie out to what I thought was the the garage, but something happened to him. Oh, he's there, and he isn't dead, and I got his ID card (now I have Mia's and his) and I even got a glimpse of Gus through the fence. He sent me to the phone booth, where I found a cryptic way of getting another video feed going.

Call. They will help!

It seems that red cable that snakes along through the woods and into the farmhouse belongs to Gus. OK. So where is the radio station? (Doesn't seem that we can go there in this game.)

This is all certainly a departure from the original game! Actual characters who talk to you in person and not just on the phone!

But after all that excitement, I still have not discerned the password. I know that it's "where it all started." I found the drawing in the station lobby of the stone circle that says "it started here." But neither "here," nor "hill" nor any other combination that goes beyond four letters works. 

At least I did guess one thing correctly: Gus says that the sim cards indeed do work in Mia's computer. I figure the password has to be in this game. Matt couldn't expect new players to know things about the old game. Ergo, the password is not going to be "heelstone" or "Sentry Stone" or the names of any of the old standing stones. 

I rather guess, however, that we're not supposed to have found the password yet. Gus keeps saying to look at the sim cards, so the game knows we haven't got the password yet.

Well, Matt did say in our FB Messinger conversation that I would be meeting Ollie. OK, yeppers, I have met Ollie!

OK. I think my next task tomorrow night is going to be to try to follow Gus's directions. Go out to the farmhouse again and hope that I can get actually into it this time. 

Another frustrating thing: I have runestones, I have a diagram of how they're supposed to go in the rock circle that is underneath the magical hole in the quoit. I have managed to get two pictures forming in the magic hole, but I can't access the second one again. So I don't know yet what the trick is to that puzzle. 

So I have two lines of attack: the Farmhouse and the magic circle in the quoit. 

Tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment